Friday 5 March 2010

Art Class- Week 5


The Self Portrait:
Week 5 and the paints have come out hooray! With the paints have come more bursts of laughter from everyone at our shabby excuses for self portraits- one woman has developed this strange snort thing, a bit like a horse whenever the teacher has a look at her work.
Despite warnings from Kay (our teacher) that water-colours would be the bane of our lives, I abandoned the matt acrylics and rebelled. Amazingly, this portrait looks almost identical to the one I painted for year 11 GCSE. Whilst a bit worrying that my skills have not progressed, and my face still has the same slighty gorm-less expression, it felt lovely to be painting again! And I didn't get told off for colouring it in! Everyone, despite being intitially intimidated at the new medium, realised that it was far less pressurising than scary drawing, where one line wrong and it's all over!
Perhaps a mixture of red and green would work in my hair...hmm!

No comments:

Post a Comment